The Advisory Council is a nonprofit, privately funded membership organization that provides a forum for dialogue and the dissemination of information pertaining to the economic and social effects of technological development throughout the world.
The Council solicits and makes available pertinent information from both private and public sources, seeks expression of points of view from all who may wish to contribute, advances consensus opinions and selected issues of standards and standards organizations, develops networking to match speaking and information resources with the needs and demands of the community, and promotes specific seminars and symposia.
A Primary Mission of the Council is to promote effective means of surface preparation in the maintenance industry using water and water/abrasive blasting techniques.
This mission is viewed as important because the conservation of resources, particularly the public infrastructure, has a significant and long lasting economic impact on the well being of every citizen.
The Advisory Council is the top source for expert information in the coatings removal industry. Executive director, Dr. Lydia Frenzel is a renowned Industry advocate and distinguished representative for many industry organizations such as the International Standards Organization (ISO) and the Water Jetting Technology Association (WJTA). The Advisory Council acts as hosts to meetings and conferences that are developed to create communication between industry competitors for the purpose of building the industry as a whole.
The key functions of the Advisory Council are:
· Promote awareness of the growing strategic significance of evolving technologies and applications.
· Summaries of meetings and list of contacts and attendees provided to members.
· Preparation of position papers that engage the attention and cooperation of Congressional staffs, trade unions, and governmental infrastructure agencies with the industry (i.e. EPA, Dept. of Transportation, Federal Highway Research Administration, etc.).
· Preparation of articles of general interest and field case histories for release to WJTA, magazines, trade journals, members of congress, and trade associations that have a mutual interest.
· Representation at a high level on committees and standards activities with the major standards organizations.
· Attendance at meetings and conferences as an industry advocate.
· Offering of Extension Education workshops directly to organizations such as American Concrete Institute, Asphalt Institute, Association of American Railroads, Paint & Decorators Contractors Association, National Paint and Coatings Associations.
The Advisory Council website: http://www.advisorycouncil.org